Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday: Reflections from the Spiritual Life (SL) Team

Life is good, don't let it be anything else. I think I truly understood this for once today. My name is Chetan Choksi, and this is my second time going to Tecate; I have the blessing of being on SL (Spiritual Life) team this year. Today, with the SL team, I had the opportunity of meeting the families that we are going to be serving and praying for this week. With the Spanish that I have, I was able to speak to the families and get to really understand them, and there was something very special about each and every person that I met. As I  asked Sarah (one of the ladies that I got to know) what God meant to her, she said, "He is everything." These may just seem to be words, but I could see it in her eyes. Even in the midst of poverty, she had a devotion and love unmatched by anyone that I have ever met. Now this was not just Sarah, every person I met there had a joy in their eyes, a love towards God that blew me away. Then I met Gabriella and Camilla (Sarah's granddaughters) and their one-month old kittens. While looking at those bundles of joy, it struck me how wonderful each of God's creation is. Oh, by the way, we stopped at this taco place that had really good food. Ok, back to the story, when I got back to camp after meeting and praying over the families, I was met with the colors of the sunset; the pink, the purple and the blues was something straight from the Louvre. At the end of the day I think I truly understood the message of the devotion that I gave to the SL team today. There is nothing to fear in life, God made it to be wholly perfect and well. Life is good, don't let it be anything else.
-Chetan Chokski, Grade 10


1 comment: