Thursday, March 29, 2018

Maundy Thursday Morning

Today is Maundy Thursday which is the holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter. It commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus with his disciples.  At the leader devotions this morning, campus pastor, Rob Starke, shared from Matthew. In this passage, Jesus invites us to care for the poor, feed the hungry, look after the sick.  By doing so, we will see Jesus in them.

Matthew 25:34-40 (NIV)

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’


This week, we have been "good and faithful servants" and spread the Gospel through the love of Jesus: Sixteen houses built! Many children impacted in the soccer and Kids Club ministries! Women of Tecate drawn closer to each other and the local church by a mutual desire to live better lives through the Family & Health ministry.

One more praise!  The camp raised $1727 toward the $2200 needed by Seyr Gomez for his wife who needs gallbladder surgery. She recently had a baby and has been in severe pain due to many gallstones.  Seyr helps his dad, Pastor Sergio Gomez, with Baja Vision ministries, the organization which has worked with TKA for 27 years now, to identify families who need homes and to connect those families to their local pastors and churches for continued ministry.

Matthew 25:23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

This morning, we are taking down and cleaning the camp in 3 hours...a task that took 2 days to set up, so this is one BIG team effort!

We will head for the border when the camp is clean. 

Please pray for the safety of all of our caravans as we travel back to Sunnyvale!








No comments:

Post a Comment