Thursday, April 13, 2017

Tuesday 2017

First some wonderful news - I have received word that everyone has made it across the border safely and without incident!
Praise the Lord!

The semis with all of the stuff, however, will not be crossing the border until tomorrow. This means that luggage and other supplies will not be at the school until sometime next week.
Please keep an eye on your email and/or this site for updates on when the semis should arrive back at the school.

Tuesday is perhaps the hardest of the days. All of the hard work, the heat of the sun, and the lack of sleep are beginning to take a toll. One of the beneficial side effects of emphasizing relationship building is that it also encourages the people on the work site to take lots of breaks (and hopefully drink some water on those breaks). This is but one of many ways site leaders can help to make Tuesdays easier.

I have almost too many photos to go through for the Final work day and the key ceremonies, so look for that post to go up on Monday. In the meantime, I will try to post some additional student reflections.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!
God Bless!

-----------------------------------------------
Student Reflection

This is my second year in Mexico, so I sort of knew what I was getting into, but I didn’t think I would get to know Maria, the person we are building a house for, as well as I have. Maria is an elderly woman, who has raised several children and is now living on her own. She is so sweet, and has been working just as hard as everyone else on the worksite. With my limited Spanish skills, and the help of some translators, I was able to learn more about her family and how most of them are Christians.

On Monday, Maria and a few of her friends were kind enough to prepare food for my site, as well as two others. A friend of Maria’s brought to our site taquitos, pineapple juice, and a bunch of fresh fruit. Everyone was really excited to try real Mexican food, especially since they made it for us. I really appreciated how they took the time to cook and prepare the food for us.

Wednesday is our last day working in Tecate, and I can honestly say I will miss Maria and all the other people I have gotten to know in Mexico.


Tuesday 2017 Photo Album


No comments:

Post a Comment