Monday, April 10, 2017

Sunday 2017

Sunday is the first full day for everyone on the Tecate service trip.
Different groups have made their way down to Camp over the course of the previous week and now it is time to begin the good work that God has planned for this week.

We began the day with worship and a brief message from Pastor Starke, and then each of the groups went out to find their respective sites and begin to build. As you'll see in the pictures, they were all able to make considerable progress on their sites. I am continually amazed by how much gets done in such little time.

A couple of housekeeping notes.

First, I was unable to connect with the student bloggers for Sunday, but I will upload their reflections as soon as I have them.

Second, people will bring their photos to me throughout the trip, and sometimes they will include pictures from previous days. Since most cameras provide the date the pictures were taken, I will be adding those pictures to the appropriate days. This will also allow me, going forward, to update the blog and provide a link to the next photo album while I'm still uploading pictures from that day.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!!
Please know that we can feel them as we continue our work here!

----------------------------------------
Student Reflection

Sunday, the first day that we see everyone work together. I came to Tecate not knowing too many seniors that would go, so on my site, I wasn’t expecting much. However, I bonded and made new friends through painting and working together.

As my 4th year coming to Mexico, I didn’t expect much considering that I knew almost no one going on the trip. I’ve noticed that each year I come to Tecate, I always make new friends and create a bond together. The bonds I make have allowed me to stretch beyond my comfort zone and continually reach out to those who may not have someone to talk to. Going on this trip without my friends made me nervous to come at first, but as the days and weeks went by, I started to create new friendships.

On Monday, we saw a shooting star near the end of night chapel. The star was so bright that it lit up the entire audience, and a roar of excitement and emotion filled the community. My friends kept saying how beautiful it was and how rare it is to see shooting stars. This particular shooting star was pretty close to the Earth because we could all see it with our naked eye. Against the black starry night, the shooting star looked extremely picturesque. It shows how God’s creation is prominent in even the darkest places.

Since we are his masterpiece and His creation shows his magnificent work, we, as Christians, are made the way he planned, and his plan is just as wonderful as the shooting star.




Sunday 2017 Photo Album


1 comment: